Business Impact Analysis Template
In this video Scott Baldwin explains how he uses the Business Impact Analysis Template to build a strong Foundation of Engagement within an organization.
- Can you explain in two or three sentences what it is you do for your organization?
- Understanding what key staff actually do on a daily basis helps to provide a clear picture of how the organization operates.
I asked BCP Builder Community the following questions based on this video:
- Do you think the Business Impact Analysis is the key to a successful Business Continuity Programme?
- Or do you think it is a waste of time and resources?
These were the responses:
- Most often this is the toughest and most subjective and ambiguous part of the whole process.
- If the Business Impact Analysis can be made simple and easy to complete (predictable) then its acceptance will improve.
- It has to remain simple to be effective.
- If you don’t know what you need to recover and when, what is the point of planning for a disaster? You may as well save your money, sack the Business Continuity Manager, hope it never happens and if it does, make it up as you go along….
- It might be considered a waste of time until you’re audited.
Everybody agreed that the Business Impact Analysis was the foundation for a strong Business Continuity Plan. If you are using a good Business Impact Analysis Template the process does not need to be difficult or confusing.
To see BCP Builder’s Business Impact Analysis Template, have a look at this Business Continuity Plan Template demonstration video.