Business Continuity Management Steps
In this video Scott Baldwin answers the question “How important is Business Continuity Management to your organization, and how have you incorporated Business Continuity into your organization?”:
Scott’s answer covers:
- How the terms Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Resiliency are all very interchangeably used which causes confusion about the purpose of Resiliency.
- During the implementation period, the organization begins to better understand the values behind the different elements of a program.
- Why he prefers to focus on Organizational Resilience rather than Business Continuity Management Steps.
- How he creates individual risk programs throughout the company. This means that every organization within the company has its own Risk Program and Risk Program Manager with training and certification to promote engagement.
- His primary concern is training the business in how to complete the Business Continuity Management Steps.
- The first level is Compliance – basic activities required to pass an audit for ISO 22301. All the general activities required for a complete and successful enterprise program. The business is trained and internally certified that they are experts in these particular aspects of Business Continuity or Resiliency. This certification and handover of ownership is a big part of creating engagement and creating a resilient in-depth approach to risk.
- His decentralized block chain approach to Organizational Resilience.
If you would like to start your Business Continuity Planning – check out this video of BCP Builder’s Online Business Continuity Plan Template.